Gothic rebus
One of the most beautiful buildings of Paris, praised by Victor Hugo, the legends and myths. A mystical image of Notre-Dame-de-Paris became an international symbol of the middle Ages, where…

Continue reading →

List of megalithic structures and give a brief description.
Court decisions in States, decisions of arbitration tribunals and m/n commercial arbitration, adopted by them in the territories of the States are recognised and enforced in the Russian Federation as,…

Continue reading →

vii

A very different Spain – Gothic Spain

It should be remembered that the Gothic Cathedral is not only an architectural object, but also the example of synthesis of various arts: stained glass, sculpture, painting. In the temple could be several hundred and even thousands of stone statues, and almost always painted; along the walls hung colorful tapestries, and light fell through the stained glass. Each color had a meaning: red meant blood and jer-tsennosti, blue – sky and loyalty, purple is a mystical Color prayers, sacrifices in the name of Heaven, Green was a symbol of love, yellow – light and the Sun.

In all Catholic churches of Spain can be seen typical for this country wooden statue of the virgin Mary, Christ, apostles and saints painted in clothes, so-called yestofado. This art form originated in the XVI-XVII centuries and is rarely found outside of the Iberian Peninsula. Masters carved out of wood figure, and the painters painted her, and there was a separate profession of “abrasively body”, “abrasively clothes”, zolotilov. Some masters would put statues crystal eyes, and his face was placed a crystal tears. These images and now are sometimes the object of worship; the most valuable of them typically kept in the Cathedral museums – almost in every major city in the Cathedral of the small exhibition (entrance is usually paid), located in the former Treasury where he kept the most precious objects of sacred worship. The rich collection of carved wood, or vannoy sculptures can be seen in the national Museum of sculpture in Valladolid. Continue reading

In Torun is full of beautiful places!

Torun is one of the most beautiful cities in Poland, situated on the North of the country on the banks of the Vistula river. Gothic architectural monuments located in the Old town of Torun, in 1997 were listed as a world heritage site by UNESCO. During the second World war, the city is not substantially affected, so all the old buildings and the building retains its original appearance.

Archaeological excavations confirm that the first settlements on the territory of present city was founded in 1100 BC but the name Torun gave the settlement the knights of the Teutonic order, who arrived here in the early thirteenth century. and who built a castle here. Toruń city rights received in 1233 over the centuries, the city remained an important center of trading routes and several times changed its owners: toruń was a part of not only Poland, but also Prussia and Sweden.

Torun – the city is famous for gingerbread, a genuine Gothic structures and Nicolaus Copernicus. Here, in 1473 G. was born the famous astronomer and mathematician, the author of the geocentric system of the world, which marked the beginning of the 1st scientific revolution. The Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun is one of the most prestigious Universities in Poland. Continue reading

The Mystery Of Stonehenge

Stonehenge (Engl. Stonehenge, lit. “stone henges”) — a UNESCO world heritage stone megalithic structure (cromlech) on Salisbury plain in Wiltshire (England). Is about 130 km South-West of London.

A gigantic construction of Stonehenge is the stone Enigma in the very center of Europe, called this amazing monument is one of the researchers Dr. Omlor Trever. This ancient building, situated in England, Now archaeologists agreed that this architectural monument built in three stages between 3500 and 1100 BC

Stonehenge is a system of concentric circles with a diameter of more than a hundred meters, delineated the shafts, holes and large stones-megaliths. The stone blocks form the arches, which served as a perfect indicator of the world.

A circular ditch with two rooms, probably served as a cemetery. In a circle along the outer shaft located 56 small funeral “Aubrey holes”, named after John Aubrey, who first described them in the XVII century. To the North-East of the entrance to the ring was huge, seven-Heel stone. Continue reading